Saskatchewan Triathlon Association Corporation
Open and Masters Provincial Team
The Provincial Team
will represent Saskatchewan at National Championships
- Open Age group 20-39
- 3 Male and 3 Female
- Time Standard: Male:2:15 Female 2:35
- First, second and third place finishers at the Provincial Triathlon Championship.
- Masters Age group 40+
- 1 Male and 1 Female
- Time Standard: Male:2:35 Female 2:50
- First place finish at the Provincial Triathlon Championship in the masters category.
Pictured: Kevin Sutton of Saskatoon; Kevin has represented Saskatchewan nationally and internationally as an Age Group Athlete.
- Additional Information
- Ages are calculated using December 31st of the competition year
- Athletes must be Annual STAC member in good standing prior to the qualifying race to be eligible for Provincial Team selection.
- Athletes who have met the time standard for their category are eligible for Provincial Team selection
- An athlete is not eligible for funding as a member of 2 teams. In the event that senior athlete qualifies for the open team that athlete must choose which team they wish to join
- If a Masters athlete elects to join the open team the next highest finishing Master at Provincial Triathlon Championships will qualify for the senior Team
- If a Master athlete qualify for the open team they will not be required to meet the time standard for the open category provided they meet the time standard for their category
- Time standards are based on standard distance (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run). Times may be adjusted slightly if selection race distances vary from the standard distance). It will be the responsibility of the head official to provide an adjustment time should the distance vary from the set standard distance.
Athletes selected to the provincial team must wear a SK provincial team uniform at the race for which they are receiving funding
Athletes that participate in a race as a funded provincial team member are expected to comply with the athletes code of conduct
Athlete must appear in the results of the event for which funding is sought
Funding is allocated according to the standard distance, however athletes that are selected to the provincial team may apply the funding to a national championships triathlon at a distance of their choice (sprint, standard, long course)